Attorney Karie Boylan has a wide background of work in the legal field, as she first began as a police officer, then as a defense attorney for Wayne County, Michigan. Now in practicing privately, her experience in these roles have equipped her with a more in-depth understanding of employment and estate planning law. Attorney Boylan’s specialized work is in FMLA, ADA, and employment law, as well as estate planning and divorce litigation.
Attorney Boylan has also spent 16 years defending governments in civil rights litigation. Particularly in the realm of property tax and foreclosure, she wholeheartedly believes in protecting homeowners’ rights against a law that allows the government to take a resident’s home or property without just compensation. Such a law, in Attorney Boylan’s view, is unconstitutional, and she fights tirelessly to uphold the rights of property owners. The legal process of such events can be complex, but she has the legal knowledge and skill to appropriately respond and fight against government overreach. You can trust her to put your rights first and fight for you in court.
Attorney Karie Boylan Is The Right Choice:
- Licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Michigan and Indiana.
- Notre Dame Law School, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Oakland University, Public Administration Master’s level course work,
- Northern Michigan University, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Oakland Community College, Associate Degree in Criminal Justice
- 26 years of civil rights litigation experience in federal and state courts
- 16 years defending law enforcement & corrections officials in civil rights lawsuits
- Now specializing in First Responder PTSD employment disability & discrimination claims
- Former Police Officer/Corporal
- Former Police Academy Assistant Coordinator & Instructor (Basic & Advanced)
Accolades Received During Her Illustrious Career:
- Officer of the Year
- Traffic Crash Reconstructionist
- Radar Instructor
- Member Competitive Shooting Pistol Team.
- Member, Michigan’s first Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team providing supportive services to First Responders